Kern On crash on Glyphs 3

Hoops

Kern On crash on Glyphs 3

Post by Hoops »

Hello Tim,

I'm currently using Glyphs 3.0.4 on Big Sur 11.5.2. The app crash every time after I set the first pairs and click on "Start Kern on". It works perfectly if I try it on Glyphs 2
Hoops

Re: Kern On crash on Glyphs 3

Post by Hoops »

now is not working even with glyphs 2, I don't know maybe I did something wrong...
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Sorry about the crash. I just published version 1.03, which fixes two crashes reported by other users. Can you try again with the latest version? Don’t forget to re-start Glyphs after installing the new version!

If it still crashes with version 1.03 then please let me know!
Hoops

Post by Hoops »

Hi Tim,
thank you for your prompt response.
I ran some test on Glyphs 2.6.7 and Glyphs 3.0.4 with a Single master file (2000 glyphs approx) and it worked perfectly!
Thank you again
SCarewe

Post by SCarewe »

Hello, G3 crashes when I start Kern On on a file that I was working with up until half an hour ago. At some point, re-starting KO simply started crashing G3 and now I can't continue working on the file. Any info I can supply to troubleshoot this?

Edit: Somehow, I managed to delete all font metrics. Don't ask me why.

Still looking for that post delete button ;)
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Sorry to hear this. Would you mind sending me the .glyphs file? Thanks!
SCarewe

Post by SCarewe »

Hello, as mentioned above, it was due to my own stupidity, again. I had deleted all vertical metrics from one master. All good now :)
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Thanks for the explanation. This kind of feedback is always useful even if you figured out the solution by yourself.

I implemented a safer behaviour for that case (KO refuses to start, and asks the user to define the x-height). After all, a crash is never acceptable, no matter what the user does.