- New feature: For models or independent pairs, hold ctrl to preview the kerning value it would have if it was a model. This saves you switching to Auto and back.
- Improved internal calculation of the special spacing amounts.
- Added support for some African languages (Kanuri, Bambara, Hausa, Tamajaq and Zarma) and U+2010 HYPHEN (thanks Christoph!)
- Fixed a crash (thanks Hugo!)
- Better support for Romanian with legacy Tcedilla/tcedilla.
- Unused kerning groups are now omitted.
- Several other small but important improvements and fixes under the hood.
Note: This update is likely to autokern the font somewhat differently.
I recommend to:
- Fully kern the font(s) you are working on (using the “Kern On” button)
- Create a backup copy of that file
- Install the latest version of Kern On
- Open the file, start Kern On
- In case Kern On removes models (this can happen), resolve the problems
- Open the backup file
- In Glyphs, activate the new version (which has KO running)
- Choose “Compare to...” the old version
- Examine the changes