Transferring models: confusing warning message

SCarewe

Transferring models: confusing warning message

Post by SCarewe »

Hello, I am using the built-in transfer models functionality. After selecting a source master, I get this message:

"Some pairs already exist in this master.
Would you like to keep or update the values from the other master?".

What does this mean? "Keep", meaning I keep the current (target) master values? Or do I "keep" the values from the other master, and overwrite the values in the current master? Or do I keep (stop) the values from being overwritten by the other master's values?

I would suggest the following:
"Would you like to keep the values for these pairs in the current master, or overwrite them?"

Even as a native speaker, I find the ambiguity of English to be extremely annoying sometmes :)
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Re: Transferring models: confusing warning message

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Sorry if this message is confusing.
SCarewe wrote: 24 Feb 2022 "Keep", meaning I keep the current (target) master values?
Yes.
SCarewe wrote: 24 Feb 2022 Or do I "keep" the values from the other master, and overwrite the values in the current master?
No.
SCarewe wrote: 24 Feb 2022 Or do I keep (stop) the values from being overwritten by the other master's values?
Yes.
SCarewe wrote: 24 Feb 2022 I would suggest the following:
"Would you like to keep the values for these pairs in the current master, or overwrite them?"
Overwrite them with what? Maybe that’s still a bit unclear?

How about this?
"Some pairs already exist in the current master. Would you like to keep the values for these pairs, or use the values from [source master name]?"
SCarewe

Re: Transferring models: confusing warning message

Post by SCarewe »

That sounds good. Thank you!