different results for similar shape

Identity-Letters

different results for similar shape

Post by Identity-Letters »

Hey,

my quoteright and quotedblright get a total different result, although the shapes and lsb/rsb are completely identical.

Any idea?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-27 um 17.29.40.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-27 um 17.29.40.png (14.48 KiB) Viewed 855 times
Identity-Letters

Re: different results for similar shape

using KO 1.11 and Glyphs 3.0.5 (3120)
Identity-Letters

just decomposed these elements. now everything works as expected.
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Sorry about this! Not sure whether it was caused by the fact that you had components. Composites are generally supported by KO. Can you still reproduce the problem (using an old file)?

My feeling is that you made edits to the font while Kern On was running, and Kern On did not properly update the internal engine. Sorry, this is something I need to look into in more detail. Certain types of edits are not immediately reflected, sometimes you need to close and re-start Kern On to make sure it has the correct shapes internally.
Kostas

Post by Kostas »

I purchased KO yesterday and I started trying it and I am observing the same exact issue with the doublequotes (left and right) clashing with all the glyphs to their left side and not following the model of the singlequotes.
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Hello Kostas, would you mind sending me the .glyphs file? Then I can have a closer look, and hopefully find the root of the problem. Thanks!