Masters with linked metrics

jens_kutilek

Masters with linked metrics

Post by jens_kutilek »

I often use the custom parameter "Link Metrics With First Master" or "Link Metrics With Master". In this case I didn't remember I did, started Kern On, which did its work, but no kerning was shown in the Edit View. Maybe a warning could be shown that the current master gets its metrics and kerning from somewhere else?

Another thing, when I use Kern On on the correct master, and then let it finish the kerning, it will process all masters even though it could skip the ones that get their metrics and kerning from another master.
Gini

Re: Masters with linked metrics

Post by Gini »

Hello Jens!

Both of these matters are being touched in the "Response after 'kern on' button" topic.
They're both relevant for me too, so I think you'd be interested in reading the last few comments there.
:)
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Jens, you are right. I need to add support for “Link Metrics With First Master”, just as you describe.
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Today’s update, version 0.9b20, adds support for “Link Metrics With...”.
  • The affected master shows a quick note, and disables editing, similar to interpolated masters.
  • When finalizing the kerning and generating the classes (kerning groups), the affected masters are completely ignored.
Jens, hope it works for you – let me know if it doesn’t. Thanks for your feedback!