Ask to confirm model removal

colinmford

Ask to confirm model removal

Post by colinmford »

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for making this tool; it took a few days to learn but now that I've gotten used to it, I find it really helpful!

I have a suggestion that is perhaps along the lines of what others have posted here: it would be nice if Kern On could ask for confirmation when removing models.

I understand the logic of how Kern On selects models, and I agree that in most cases it does the right thing — but for example, one time I accidentally typed "-200" instead of "-20" for a model value, which caused Kern On to discard almost a dozen of my models in favor of one that was a mistake.

A smaller, more common example might be when I am trying out a new model that I'm not sure about, I might want a "preview" of how adding this model would impact the rest. A pop-up "Are you sure?" confirmation, listing the models it would remove, might be helpful. An "undo" button would fulfill a similar purpose, I suppose.

Kern On might be a robot, but I'm only human, after all!

Thanks again!
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Re: Ask to confirm model removal

Post by Tim Ahrens »

For now, I have implemented an undo (in the gear menu) in the current version (1.01) but I like the idea of having the “Are you sure?” question.

Maybe if many models are removed I can simply show a feedback that says “This action has removed 7 models”, with Undo and OK buttons.
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Re: Ask to confirm model removal

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Btw, the slider range is also more reliable now. Instead of typing in a value, not knowing whether that change will cause a model removal, you can simply drag the slider. Sometimes it will give you additional leeway, then you can drag the slider to the end again. Technically, this means that the initial slider range was not accurate (not the real acceptable range) but I came to like that behaviour because it tells you that you are about to set a near-mismatch.