Clicking "Ignore" on warnings doesn't ignore warnings

SCarewe

Clicking "Ignore" on warnings doesn't ignore warnings

Post by SCarewe »

Hello, I have been running into an issue since a few Kern On versions: The warning that pops up every now and then about "(glyph)(glyph) seems tighter than (glyph)(glyph)", which I can either check or "Ignore", pops up again every single time I add a new model.

Previously, if I clicked Ignore, this issue would be ignored until I re-started KO again the next time (or the issue became so string that a set of models would be rejected). In any case, KO has become very tedious to work with, since I like to rely on the Suggested Models a lot. I have to click Ignore every time I add a new model in order to see the next suggested model.

Is this intentional, and if so, what is the reasoning behind it? I would greatly appreciate any insight here, thanks a lot!
Eben Sorkin

Re: Clicking "Ignore" on warnings doesn't ignore warnings

Post by Eben Sorkin »

I think that this is Kern-On's way of telling you your base spacing is slightly awry or inconsistent. If you tweak your spacing by a few units, the notice may go away. I have also found with some designs ( especially large optical size ones ) Kern-On's standards may not be a fit or you may just have to keep ignoring this notice. But I think it is a useful thing in the sense that it can provoke you to question your spacing again which should be pretty refined by the time you apply Kern-On. I am curious what others and what Tim would say about this.
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

SCarewe wrote: 30 Sep 2022 Hello, I have been running into an issue since a few Kern On versions
Don’t exaggerate! 😉 Yes, this is a bug in the latest version. I have already fixed it in the code, and this fix will be included in the next release, of course.
SCarewe

Post by SCarewe »

Sorry, my honest impression was that it's been like this for at least two versions, my apologies if my impression was rather skewed. Thanks a lot for fixing this!