Impossible to press "Kern On"

CHT

Impossible to press "Kern On"

Post by CHT »

Hi Tim,

I'm starting to use Kern-On but there is a thing I don't understand. I've created some models and at some point, I wasn't anymore able to press the button Kern on to generate the kerning on the rest. I thank that it was because there weren't enough pairs it could refer to. But after more than 70 models pairs nothing has changed. What I am doing wrong?
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Re: Impossible to press "Kern On"

Post by Tim Ahrens »

I assume the “Kern On” button at the bottom of the window was grayed out (i.e. visible but disabled)? This happens if there is a red-dot message shown, then Kern On does not allow any editing until you have looked at the mismatch (by clicking on the little arrow) or ignored it. If you “click away” all red-dot messages then the “Kern On” button should be enabled again.
neveragain

Post by neveragain »

I rarely have the case that buttons like “Model” “Auto“ and “Kern On” are greyed out without messages shown in the top part but that usually is fixed by restarting Glyphs and starting KO again.
jordan

Post by jordan »

neveragain wrote:
> I rarely have the case that buttons like “Model” “Auto“ and “Kern On” are
> greyed out without messages shown in the top part but that usually is fixed
> by restarting Glyphs and starting KO again.

I've also experienced this issue.
tm2022

Post by tm2022 »

Hi Tim,

I also have the same issue. The pairs are still greyed out without a red-dot message.

There's some independent pairs that I want to remove from the list, but it doesn't allow me to do so. The pairs are also greyed out when they are suggested to be used as model.

Kern-On is greyed out most of the time.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.27.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 11.27.53 AM.png (200.16 KiB) Viewed 9866 times
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Sorry to hear this. Without analysing this on my computer, it’s difficult to say what’s going on. Which version of Kern On are you using? Version v 1.16 included some fixes for problems such as the one you are showing in the screenshot.
Rosalie

Post by Rosalie »

Using 1.18 and I have the same issue. I have to close and re-open Glyphs for the button the work again.
claegg

Post by claegg »

I just ran into this issue too.
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Sorry about this. I have never experienced this myself (although I am currently working with KO quite frequently) but I think I identified a potential issue in the code and made it more robust. It will be in the next release.
DDOTT

Post by DDOTT »

Hey Tim, I ran into the same issue after updating to 1.18. I went back to the previous version (1.11), where it is working.