Add models and ind. for selected pairs from

Manuel

Add models and ind. for selected pairs from

Post by Manuel »

I'd love to have the option to sync models from other masters for only the currently selected pairs and not the entire font. Has this been considered to add in future versions or is there maybe even a current work around?

From my point of view this would make the kerning process of multiple masters that need different values faster. As with this I would first add models to just one master, then copy them to the next one and then adjust the values. I first tried to just select all the models in one master and then apply them all as models in the next one. But obviously this will only get me the auto values.

Currently I just set them to auto (if needed) and then to model and then adjust the values. Though I've run into the problem that when I select multiple pairs (each on a new line) and click on auto, it actually doesn't apply auto if some of them are already on auto.

PS: I'm doing this currently on four interlinked families with each having multiple masters in which it would be quite helpful ... but maybe its too specific of a use-case. not sure
Tim Ahrens
Site Admin

Re: Add models and ind. for selected pairs from

Post by Tim Ahrens »

Some options are explained in the manual: https://kern-on.com/manual/#font-settings
Does that work for you?